An Important Update from the Warren Public Library Director
Dear Warren Public Library Community,
It has been 10 weeks since we had to close our doors to the public, and we sure do miss you!
As Warren County moves to the “green phase” on Friday, May 29, this is what you need to know right now about the Warren Public Library:
- The library WILL NOT reopen to the public on Friday.
- There will be NO in-person gatherings.
- A limited number of staff are the only ones who are permitted to return to the library at this time. They will begin to prepare the building for new limited library contactless pickup services to the public, continue accepting returns through the book drop, and will quarantine and sanitize these materials upon return.
- There will be changes in daily operations. When we open, library hours will be limited. We will be abiding by federal, state, and local health guidelines to keep our staff and community safe.
- We cannot accept book donations at this time.
- Items checked out prior to the library closure have not accumulated any fines, however those items are now due back to the library.
- At the moment, we are offering only virtual programs.
- Plans are also underway for our new Reader Zone and pickup activity packs to keep everyone reading this summer!
- We will announce these programs through our new website (warrenlibrary.org) and our Facebook page (@warrenpalibrary) and Instagram (@warrenpalibrary)
- We appreciate your patience while we learn how to adapt to our protocols to best serve and protect our community and our staff.
We look forward to safely serving you soon.