Search for obituaries, marriage announcements, birth announcements, social pages, local sports action, advertisements, news articles, and more in our large newspaper archive. Access is limited to the Pennsylvania Collection.
Provides searchable access to more than 300 hundred years of local historical newspapers dating back to the 17th century. NewspaperARCHIVE Library Edition contains more than 130 million digitized pages of content from over 6,000 newspapers throughout North America, the UK, and other select countries worldwide. Attention: This resource is only available on library computers at this time.
Browse and read full-text newspapers from more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, plus leading titles from around the world, or search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author, newspaper section, or other fields. InfoTrac Newsstand (Now called Gale OneFile: News) also includes thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts, and transcripts. A POWERLibrary Resource.
Provides access to the most searched magazines across the InfoTrac products. All of the titles are selected based on actual publication searches performed by library patrons and the database includes many titles recommended by Bowker’s “Magazines for Libraries.” A POWERLibrary Resource.
View the greatest events in world history with photographs, audio sound bites, video, and graphics, for over 185 years. Over 3,000 photos/images/sound bites/graphics added daily, including audio and visual snapshots. A POWERLibrary Resource.
Tools to Evaluate your News Consumption
We are committed to helping you avoid falling for fake news, disinformation, and misinformation. Here are some tools to help you!
A tool that equips you to assess the transparency of leading national and regional media outlets by surfacing the policies, practices, and people behind the news. The Tracker encourages media outlets to be accountable to the public and empowers the public to make informed choices about the news they watch, listen to, and read.
Additional Resources from Pen America to help you know what is worth sharing and avoid being misinformed or falling prey to bias.
- FactCheck.org is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania and is non-partisan and monitors for political accuracy.
- All Sides offers perspectives on topical news stories from the left, center, and from the right, plus a ‘media bias rating.’
- Snopes.com has been around since 1994 and fact-checks internet content.
- Politifact.com by the Poynter Institute or Washington Post’s Factchecker both fact-check political content.
- Duke Reporters’ Lab is a database of both national and global fact-checking resources.
- RevEye Reverse Image Search is a Chrome extension to perform an inverse image search.
- NewsGuard Coronavirus Misinformation Tracker for COVID-19-specific tracking.