Librarian: Jen Franklin
The Adult Services Department serves all adults and young adults of Warren County through programming, reader’s advisory, outreach, and a variety of services tailored to our patrons’ needs.
Book suggestions can be found in our Reading Suggestions section.
When we reopen our physical doors, watch for changing displays by the nonfiction department and magazine rack. Books displayed are always available for checkout!
Movie Night @ the Library
At this point in time, we are unable to predict when Movie Night will continue as normal. However, as soon as we are able, we will hold movies as before. Keep checking back for updates!
Previously, the typical format for movie nights was as follows: Every Monday night at 5:30 PM in the Jefferson Room, the library provides FREE access to newly-released movies. We are excited to announce we will be offering complimentary light refreshments as well!
Book Discussion Groups
** DUE TO THE RECENT CLOSURES AND COVID-19 PANDEMIC PRECAUTIONS, THIS SCHEDULE AND MEETING FORMAT MAY CHANGE. CHECK BACK SOON! (Updated 27 April 2020)**
Book Discussion Meeting Dates and Titles for 2020
- May 12 – News of the World by Paulette Jiles
- June 9 – Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- July 14 – Craig and Fred: A Marine, a Stray Dog, and How They Rescued Each Other by Craig Grossi
- August 11 – Giant by Edna Ferber
- September 8 – The Rumor by Elin Hilderbrand
- October 13 – The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
- November 10 – Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
- December 15 – The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
Our book discussion club, led by Sharon Gage, meets every second Tuesday of each month at 6pm in the Jefferson Room.
Books will be distributed at the meeting the month before or are available for pick up at the Circulation desk. Book club meeting dates may be subject to change depending on weather, etc.