We have been diligently planning for a reopening that adheres to guidance from the Office of Commonwealth Libraries and all local, state and national guidance, while also responsibly considering the safety of both patrons and staff. We will be monitoring local COVID-19 numbers and will remain open as long as those numbers remain stable.
Please read on to learn more about this reopening.
In order to accomplish this reopening:
- Per CDC recommendations, we are asking that all patrons wear a mask and maintain social distancing while inside the library.
- If you are a vulnerable member of the community who is unable to enter the library, please call ahead and we will be happy to assist you via curbside service.
- Please adhere to all protocols and posted signage.
- The library is only accepting material donations two day per month. Click here to learn more.
- Warren Public Library will be monitoring local COVID-19 rates. All information on this page is subject to change in response to those numbers.
Please Note: If you or a member of your household have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, feel sick (even if your symptoms are mild), or have visited a COVID-19 hotspot within the past 14 days, please reschedule your visit for a later date. We offer a variety of digital materials, resources and programming that you can access virtually 24/7.
Learn More About
The reopening effort restores some of the services patrons enjoyed pre-pandemic, while following current mitigation efforts, including:
- Library card registrations, renewals and account services.
- All material collections on the first and second floor are available for browsing.
- Computers are available. Click here to learn more about computer usage.
- Cleaning and hand sanitizing stations are available for patrons to use throughout their visit.
- Interlibrary Loan.
- Copy and scanning services are available in the Study Room on the first floor. Copies can be paid for at the front circulation counter.
- When staff is available, our Reference Room is open (no appointment required).
- Newspapers are available to be read in Reference.
Beginning Tuesday, September 3, we will be returning to our regular hours:
Monday: 10 AM - 8 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 8 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 8 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 8 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
Please note: We may adjust hours depending on staffing and local COVID-19 numbers. Please watch this page for the most up-to-date hours.
Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please visit our front circulation desk to obtain computer access.
- Due to social distancing restrictions, computer use is self-help only. Patrons are encouraged to bring a helper from their household should they require assistance that cannot be completed from a 6-foot distance by staff.
- Due to limited hours and capacity: Patrons are limited to one, 60-minute computer visit per day.
- For your health and the health of others, please sanitize the computer area before and after use.
To help provide Internet access to as many residents as possible we have expanded the outdoor range of our free Wi-Fi. Please practice social distancing and be courteous to your fellow patrons when accessing the network.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Warren Public Library in coordination with the Information Technology Disaster Resource Center (ITDRC), is offering free boosted WiFi in the Municipal Parking Lot behind the Warren Public Library.
Once you’re in the Municipal Lot, the WiFi connection can be found under the name “Homework Hub.” No password is necessary.